This salad was inspired by Jean-Georges’ Greek salad with beets. It replaces the Summer tomatoes with Winter’s roasted beets. However, that’s about as far as the similarities go. I’d shopped without the recipe and paid homage to the traditional Greek salad. But there’s nothing wrong with a little food experimentation and that’s exactly what this recipe is – a blend of quintessential Greek ingredients for the ultimate Winter salad.
Here is the link to Jean Georges original recipe for those of you that want to follow the Master’s Winter Greek Salad. If not, below is my inspired version!
- 2 cups of organic spinach leaves
- handful of fresh basil (torn)
- 1/2 cup of roasted beets (golden and red)
- 1/4 cup of chickpeas
- 1 tbl dehydrated or slow roasted pumpkin seeds such as Harvest Roast
- 2 tbl of organic feta cheese or vegan feta cheese such as Rawbundant
- 1 tbl EVOO
- juice 1/2 lemon
- sea salt