Okay… so I’m cheating here. I haven’t yet made this recipe but I intend to tonight. The recipe and photo are courtesy of my research assistant, Miriam Jacobson.
The salad takes less than 5 minutes to make and all of the ingredients can be picked up from my local grocery store. Much better than take-out.
Miram’s original recipe is here. I’m making a few alterations to the recipe to make it less carbohydrate heavy (it will be 9:30pm before I eat it):
1. replacing the blood orange with flat leaf parsley (increased detoxification)
2. swapping the candied pecans for raw sunflower seeds (less sugar)
3. changing the quantities to make it a salad for 1 person
- 2 cups of arugula
- 1/2 cup of pea shoots
- 2 tbl flat leaf parsley – torn
- 1/2 bulb of fennel – thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbl sunflower seeds
- pomegranate molasses
- sea salt